Brighton Logo

Brighton Logo
Welcome to TELL2 brought to you by Brighton Education Group

Sunday 21 September 2014

Holy Hari Raya, Part 2

Another school in my cluster.  Another Hari Raya celebration.  This event took place at SK Telok Jering.

Again, a huge room full of children patiently waiting for the celebration to begin.  I'm usually impressed at how well-behaved they are and today was no exception.

The Guru Besar giving gifts (money) to each student at the school.  I was told the money is raised by the teachers and other patrons.  I also made a small contribution and was given a "shout out" by the GB during his speech and also received a box of candy as a gift for my participation.  Totally unexpected, but generously accepted.  Yum.  They were good too.

Ros Azimah is one of my mentees at SK Telok Jering.  I've found her to be a dedicated and caring teacher.  She looks absolutely delighted knowing she's helping the children.  I've been told some of them come from broken homes and are quite poor.  Even the few ringit they got brought smiles to their faces.

At the end of the celebration, a photo op with the GB where he again thanked me for coming.  I didn't realize they actually noticed since I was just a member of the audience, but my presence was appreciated.  I consider this one of the hidden benefits of my job.  Also, good public relations goes a long way.






No comments:

Post a Comment