Brighton Logo

Brighton Logo
Welcome to TELL2 brought to you by Brighton Education Group

Sunday 21 September 2014

A Colorful Day

The mentees at SK Chenderong Batu invited me to their post Hari Raya celebration.  It was a bit different than the event at Telok Jering.  Everything and everyone was vibrant in their holiday garb.

The children were having fun with a coloring contest.  Look at the concentration level.  I had my eye on the food.  LOL!


I was told all the food came from the students and the teachers.   I had no idea what most of what was on the table, but had a fun time sampling the vast variety of dishes.  Most of it was sweet and delicious. 


When I come to the schools, the first reaction I usually get from the children is a look of surprise with some apprehension.  Most of them have never seen an adult white male except in the movies.  But after a few minutes and smiles of encouragement from my part, they slowly come closer.  Here are some brave boys checking out Mr. JJ.

Then there are the brave ones who jump right in when the camera comes out.  Look at those smiles.  I gotta learn to take better selfies.

A group of handsome lads in their finest celebration gear.  Peace to you, my young brothers!

Finally, a chance to pose with the lovely ladies.  Holding court in the middle in the deep blue outfit is Robiah Mahood.  She is one of the teachers from this school taking part in the Tell2 program.  A strong-minded individual with a great sense of humor.  People like her make my job rewarding.



No comments:

Post a Comment